martes, 27 de octubre de 2009

Madonna Breaks Ground in Malawi






Madonna plants a Moringa tree at the site of her future academy for girls in a village north of Lilongwe, Malawi on Monday (October 26).

The 51-year-old entertainer was joined by daughter Lourdes, 13, at the ground breaking ceremony and planting of the “miracle tree.”

“Growing up in a privileged life, I took education for granted…but coming to Malawi has taught me a lot of things and (I have) learned to appreciate what life gives,” Madonna said.

“I realized how much they deserve to be educated and so for me the best thing I could do was to build a school, a unique school that will create future female leaders, scientists, lawyers, doctors and if this school is successful it will be used as a model to replicate it in other countries.”

The school will admit 500 girls, ABC News reports, and construction will cost about $15 million

Fuente:http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/10/26/madonna-breaks-ground-in-malawi/

No hay comentarios: